Aug 25, 2013


Date: August 19, 2013
Area: Provo MTC
Companion: Elder Burgoyne

Sounds like everyone has been plenty busy. I wish you all luck as school gets started! When do you start? :)

 I'm doing fantastic! I love P-day because I get to email you and go the temple. This week went by a lot faster then last week. It's great to be learning so much. At last night's fireside, Via Sikahema spoke to us. I don't know if you know who he is, but he is a very successful football player, and now news anchor. He to told us that of all the things that he has accomplished in his life (and there is a huge list) a mission accumulates to far more than all of them put together. It made me excited for everything I will be able to do. It was a great reminder. He was really cool and got all of us really excited to serve, not that I wasn't already, but in a new way. 



I don;t know if you can find it anywhere, but we watched a video after the fireside called the Character of Christ. by Elder Bednar. Try top find it. It's wonderful. I;ve never been afriad of a General Authority before, but Elder Bednar scares me into wanting to the best I can. I have a lot to work on. Haha. I've never felt so humble in my entire life when that movie was over. He also talked about the pioneers a bit, saying that it's great that we rejoice in their faith so much, but what have I done to prove mine? I keep being reminded of my blessing when I was set apart, and I've been thinking of ways that I can and will be a pioneer, including proving my own faith.



i didn't audition this week for a musical number becasue I've had a sore throat and I'm just getting over and a stuffy nose. My voice has been super weak. Hannah auditioned the day after she got here and is singing at the new missionary meeting this week. I've seen her a few times now. It's awesome having my best friend as a missionary here too. It's hard not act like we did oin college sometimes though. Haha. It's a good thing we aren;t ariound each other all the time.



Creole is getting easier. It's getting hard to write, pray, and speak certain phrases in english, becsue I'm getting used to them in Creole. Haha. 


Tell Grandma/Grandpa I met Sister Ogden from Mesquite. She knows an elder in my district that used to live in Mesquite, Elder Lee. 

Mwen renmen ou!!!!!!!! 



-Elder Felkins

P.s. I am receiving your Dearelder letters. Thanks for them ! :D

Also, they told the wrong date for when I leave the MTC when we called before. I'm actually leaving the 17 or September if you could pass that along to Aunt Gwen and Uncle Cody. 

No comments: